A quiet weekend

Today is a quiet weekend. Stayed at home most of the day. Watched CATWOMAN in the late afternoon in spite of the knowledge that it is going to bore. Well, I was prepared for it. In fact, I wanted to see how bad it is. The script is very uninspiring with very contrived dialogues. (In the case of the mysterious professor, I simply could not swallow those didactics she was sprouting). The direction is bad. There is a lack of continuity possibly due to editing and the camera work seems amateurish - even the framing of the scene looks odd. The special effects are really special. They make you focus on them, instead of enhancing the story value. It's a pity we have Halle Berry and Sharon Stone in it, they can't even save the weak film. Benjamin Bratt is the typical 'vase' role he is good at ...remember MISS CONGENIALITY?

On to the National Day Rally. Seems the new PM is all out to woo the general Singaporean with so many goodies to give out. My only gripe is a very lame and myopic one....the speech is too long... Not that I'm not interested in national policies, it's just that Channel U got me more excited in the new horror series which is delayed as a result. That means I will need to stay up later and it's going to affect me tomorrow! As I said, it's just a gripe. On the whole, he has presented himself on this rally as logical, careful and analytical in foreign policies, flexible when it comes to labour and wage policies...these tie in so much to our dearth of children/people... etc. But really, it's going to help those who are sitting on the fence to make the shot, rather than for the singles and those who don't want children to start having babies...even if it means tax incentives. Still, the newspapers are going to be covering all the policy changes left, right, centre.

Taxi drivers should have had lined-up outside the University Cultural Centre to ensure 'quick service' and of course 'quick profit' from the crowd rushing out to avoid the mid-night charge!

On another tongue-in-cheek note...the new PM and the ex-PM wears the same clothes, same glasses, so I believe the direction we are heading will be in the similar vein.

Done. The news is about to be over and I'm due to scare myself in front of the TV. Boo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Stock-taking

Looking for Ex-Classmates Missing in Action

The Perfect Curry Puff